Astral People are on the hunt for a passionate Artist Manager to join our growing team in Sydney, Australia.
Experience in the music and/or entertainment industry is required. The role is full-time and we are looking for someone to fulfil the below roles and responsibilities.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Day to day management of Astral People's management clients
- Day to day management of Astral People's mixing engineers
- Setting timelines for all show and tour announces involving your respective artists (liaising with all parties involved and Astral staff)
- Setting timelines for all releases alongside marketing manager for your respective artists (liaising with all parties involved and Astral staff)
- Managing PR strategy w/ marketing manager around all events and releases (liaising with all parties involved and astral staff)
- Setting up and management of sessions for your artists
- Registering relevant local artist songs with APRA, PPCA and publishing
- Working with the marketing manager to set up social and digital strategies around events and releases
- Handling local management invoicing for your roster - monthly
- Working with the operations manager to set up timelines and deadlines for booking logistics, tour books, invoice follow ups, worksheets and show settlements / P&L's.
- Drawing up and managing side artist agreements for local artist releases
- Managing pay outs of songs with splits on them to their respective artists / collaborators
- Involved in A&R - scouting for new international and local emerging talent
- Monitor guest lists for shows alongside the operations manager
- Invite festival bookers to management client shows
- Filing receipts / general bookkeeping relating to your respective roster
- Lead point on merch for your management clients
- Facilitating and leading on meetings as required for your respective roster
Operated by Tom Huggett and Vichara Edirisinghe, Astral People was established to stimulate and cultivate the niche music scene within Australia, one that fosters innovative local and international artists.
Over the last 10 plus years, Astral People has become one of Australia’s leading music management, touring and events companies. Today, we look after a roster of incredibly talented Australian musicians across a variety of arms including management, publishing and our record label. Our international touring division has developed into one of the largest independent rosters in the country.
Astral People values and prioritises diversity and we encourage candidates from a diverse and/or minority backgrounds to express interest. We strive to cultivate a work environment where everyone can reach their true potential in the workplace.
If this role sounds like you, please reach out to us with your resume and cover letter at email@example.com